Somebody needs a detox

Happy Monday. I’m currently en route from the beach. We wanted one more night at the coast so we got up early this morning for the hour and a half drive home. Then we’ll drop Chance off and get to work by about 9.

20120430-074314.jpg

I’m sipping on a 16oz non fat latte from The Human Bean which is my favorite coffee place because they give you a chocolate covered bean with your drink. And my breakfast is a PB chocolate zone bar (Karen, if you’re reading this, thanks in advance because we took them from the pantry).

20120430-074535.jpg

20120430-074554.jpg

And even though we’re getting to work later than normal I really hope I can get to the gym because my body needs a workout like you wouldn’t believe. I ate and drank so much this weekend. Including multiple slices of the most amazing birthday cake ever. It’s always been a tradition that I get an ice cream cake for my bday. My mom did it when I was little, my dad continued it through college, and now Chris has taken on the responsibility. It’s typically from Baskin Robbins but this year was a game changer. This year it came from Dairy Queen, and it was a Blizzard cake. And my friends, it was amazing. My favorite blizzard flavor is Reese’s PB cup with an addition serving of Butterfinger. Not half & half. Additional. And this weekend that was turned into a cake. With some chocolate fudge and chocolate cookie crumbles. And melted PB drizzled on the top. Amazing is the only word that can describe it.

20120430-075156.jpg

Pretty sure I have enough calories stored up in my body that I could fast for the next 5 days and not even be hungry but that would be really bad. Instead, i’m going to drink a lot of water, focus on getting veggies back into the routine and try to minimize my carb intake.

And do a lot of cardio to sweat out all that sugar :)

Feel free to pass along any detox tips you have. I leave for Mexico in 23 days so I need to pull it together pretty quickly.

20 Responses to Somebody needs a detox

1. Glad you had a fun weekend!!! Um and any good detox tips you find…. Send em my way!! Desperately needing some after a full weekend of wedding celebrations.

• WhitLikesFit says:

So starting May 26 we have weddings 3 weekends in a row followed by a big camping trip. Trouble for sure. Sounds like Dr. Oz has a good detox and something called the Clean program. I’m going to do some research and hopefully get a post up this week.

2. katiemoves says:

Same here- Had a fun filled weekend with a lot of calories- oops, but oh so good! So now just trying to get the sweat on now to make up for it! ;)

3. Karen Mattocks says:

I found Dr. Oz’s 48 hour detox diet easy to do and somewhat tasty. It includes your favorite food-Kale! I hope you left some of that delicious looking blizzard cake! I want some and I want it now!!! Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

• WhitLikesFit says:

Good to know. I’m going to do some research. I can easily eat kale for a few days. Unfortunately the cake is gone. I just couldn’t stand to let any of my bday cake go to waste. You’ll thank me when you get home for not leaving those calories around to tempt you. Thanks so much for letting us have the house for the weekend. We had such a great time. Can’t wait to tell you guys all about it when you get home.

4. amypamensky says:

You should check out the CLEAN program. You can find the book online or at any book store. Even if you don’t have time to do the 3 week cleanse he has some great tips for healthy detoxing. He also explains what is going on in your body when you detox so you understand how to detox safely and effectively. The basis of the detox is liquid meal for breakfast and dinner (smoothie soup or juice), a balanced meal for lunch (lean protein, carb and some healthy fats). You can snack on nuts and berries if you are hungry in between. He has some great sample recipes to show portion sizes. All the recipes are written for 2 people so maybe Chris join you. There are a few foods he recommends you cut out during the cleanse, most of them are common allergy causing foods. Drink lots of fluids, get lots of rest!

• WhitLikesFit says:

This is great. I’m definitely going to research the Clean program. I already do smoothies in the morning and sometimes lunch so seems like it would be pretty easy to just move the liquid meal from lunch to dinner. Thanks for the tip!

5. juliedoodles says:

I’m in need of a detox, myself! Focusing on lots of veggies and trying to have a green smoothie for breakfast, or at least a snack. Keeping my smoothies simple this week so they don’t turn into calorie bombs–2-3c spinach or kale, 1 banana, 1c unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp ground flax. Good luck to you!

6. Oh. My. Gosh. That cake looks AMAZING!!! Worth every gram of sugar and every calorie :-)

• WhitLikesFit says:

It was seriously the best cake I’ve had in my entire life. I told Chris he’s now set the bar really high. I’m going to need this cake for my birthday for the rest of my life hahah.

7. kitkat1126 says:

Omg a Blizzard cake? I’ve never heard of that before and it sounds amazing and worth every single calorie!

It always takes me a few days to feel detoxed after a weekend like that. Even with a ton of water, veggies, fruit and lean proteins my body usually needs 2-3 days to feel good again!

• WhitLikesFit says:

Oh it was worth every single bite. I highly recommend eating one if you ever get the chance. Yeah, I usually need about 3 days to de bloat/salt/sugar etc. Basically I might be avoiding the scale until the weekend hahah.

8. I want that cake. Seriously. Looks amazing. Why is peanut butter soooo good? I honestly have been eating WAY too much peanut butter lately. Literally, like a jar of almond butter a week. Whoops.

I want to check out that CLEAN cleanse. I may have to buy the book or something. Smoothies and or liquid meals are delish anyway!

• WhitLikesFit says:

yeah, i think I might buy the book this weekend. I already eat a smoothie for breakfast and sometimes lunch. Doesn’t seem that hard to do it for dinner. Um, I am out of control when it comes to PB. I just ordered regular vanilla whey protein powder because I was even going out of control with PB2

9. Angela Zhu says:

I’m in desperate need of a cleanse myself! I often drink juice for dinner, but I work a 9-5 job so having juice for breakfast and lunch would be a huge hassle and require a lot more prep on my part. I’ve looked into a few of the delivery-style cleanses though – still considering BluePrintCleanse or something similar. There are a lot of interesting options out there!

10. natertots11 says:

Thank you for shoving that delicious looking cake in my face half an hour before lunch break. Yeesh.. Now I’m hungry!